Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Something Different

As a runner, yoga is extremely challenging for me.  I can run for hours but when it comes to yoga, I have zero balance and even less flexibility.  This is why I force myself to take a class at least once a week.  I have been lucky enough to find a studio and an instructor that I love, which helps motivate me, particularly when I'm pulling into the parking lot and dread starts to creep in.  Molly shows up every week with a smile on her face, so genuinely excited that we're coming to her class and works us so hard that every ounce of energy is wrung from our limbs.  We all walk out of class completely wiped, but thrilled because we've accomplished another one of Molly's classes.  In addition to the workout, there is a bond throughout this group of people who come from all walks of life specifically for this class, which is another reason I find myself going.  I can honestly say that I have become a stronger and faster runner because I have added something totally different to my routine that pushes me in a direction I would never go on my own.  Regardless of whether you run or not, find that "something else" and give it a shot.

Listen to this:
Shuffle - Bombay Bicycle Club   Shuffle - A Different Kind of Fix

No comments:

Post a Comment