Wednesday, August 22, 2018

OISELLE CAMP MEMORIES:A TOP 10 LIST


When we hear the word 'camp' we tend to think of kids and summer.  And it makes sense.  My daughters went to five different camps between the two of them this summer.  Lucky ducks.  But then, at least as far as I'm concerned, is there really any reason why grown ups can't attend camp, too.  Of course, it has to work with our schedules, be affordable, be somewhat easy to get to and, ideally, be relevant to our lives at the time.  So...yeah.  When you look at it that way I can see why adults don't often do the camp thing.  Several years ago I joined the Oiselle running team.  After many smaller "meet-ups" they began to recognize the benefit of getting people together who share similar goals and passions, regardless of their age or ability, for a brief but insanely intense and awesome window of time; otherwise known as Birdcamp.  That's right, my friends.  A running camp for women.  To my good fortune, I've been able to attend all four that have been offered to date and I'm currently in the process of packing for my 5th.  So, as I prepare to embark on yet another one of these epic adventures with my teammates, I took some time to look back at some of my favorite memories from my past camps; one in OR, one in WA and two in NH.  All of them amazing.  Words cannot describe how excited I am to head off for round 5.  You'll have to wait until next week for the details, but I have no doubt there will be some good stories to share.  Until then, here's a few of my favorite memories from years past.  #WINGSOUT

TOP 10 OISELLE BIRDCAMP MOMENTS

2014-2017



Cooling down after the Deschutes Brewery 5K w/ Lauren Fleshman & my Oiselle teammates, including Allie Bigelow who took first Master & won a lot of beer.


Post-race with the whole team, over 100 of us in the same singlet.  That was just so damn cool.


Running at the spectacular Smith Rock State Park w/ Asher & Nicole.  Well, I didn't run with Asher.  She's too fast.


Tubing down the Deschutes River with Nicole and Ashley.  Easily one of the best days of my adult life.


Reunion with Ashley and Nicole at the 2015 WA Birdcamp.  It was like no time had passed.  


Post-run...er...climb (think multiple mountains) with my teammates.  Holy crap, that was hard.


First NH Birdcamp in 2016 with my Treehouse crew.  Love these ladies.


That time, at Birdcamp, when we broke the dock.  We did. We broke the dock.


Second NH Birdcamp in 2017 with the Foss coffee club.  OMG the amount of coffee we consumed.


Dorking out with my Treehouse crew before saying goodbye.  Again, love these ladies.

Listen to this:
Keep You Close - Knox Fortune

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete