Saturday, October 29, 2011

"I Used to Love This One"

As someone who is interested in music, I feel as though I'm pretty tapped into the current trends.  I realized today that this is not the case when it comes to pop/dance music.  I do tend to lean toward alternative picks when I make suggestions, but I must say, there is nothing like fighting my way up a hill or to a finish line with a song like 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz  blasting in my ear.  I had heard a couple songs in the last week that I thought would be good ones for running and I played them for the girls' cross country team that I coach at the end of their practice this morning.  As we were stretching, I was hearing, "oh, I remember this, I used to love this one."  Ok, so, I'm a few months behind in the pop world, which might have something to do with my age.  However, these songs, even if they are "old", still got everybody fired up and I was seeing some head shaking and lip-synching as I looked around the circle.  I guess the bottom line is, songs like these are timeless and will never fail to shake up the scene.

Listen to this:
We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - Rihanna   We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - Single
You Make Me Feel...(feat. Sabi) - Cobra Starship  You Make Me Feel... (feat. Sabi) - You Make Me Feel... (feat. Sabi) - Single

No comments:

Post a Comment